August 15, 2007

So little time

Oh how I wish I could live off of 4 hours sleep. There is so much I want to do but not enough hours in the day for me to to do it all. I have three weeks of freedom (actually 2.5 after today) before work begins and then another week and I'm back at school. grr. I'm luckier than most because I have had a good long break from work but unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it I suppose, I have been working like a dawg on schoolwork so it hasn't felt like a break. The wonderful thing is that I'm down to 4 courses and will then be finished my degree! 4 courses is less than I took this summer so I can actually see the finish line. Now that I'm free of school and those dreadful exams I can focus on ME. The problem is deciding how I want to fill my free hours.

Every year for the past few years I have done the same thing: promised 8 zillion people that I would visit/hang out/eat out/play "once I'm finished this term". Stupid stupid girl. There are not enough days or hours to actually see everyone and believe it or not I do have a million other things I would like to get done during my 'free time' as well.

This term I have been a bit better about making promises. I haven't made as many which means I have more time than usual for moi. So what to do with my time?

I've painted the powder room and although I'm a little nervous to see how the orange tinted cupboards look against the Strawberry Daiquiri walls, it feels fabulous to finally have that room painted. I think one more coat is all that it needs and then it will be complete! I cannnot wait to see the finished product. Fresh and clean and pink, er I mean red. Yes Mike it's red, not pink! I promise. *Gulp

This afternoon I'm going on a cleaning frenzy and this evening I think I'm going to go shopping! Time to enter the 21st century Jaime. I bought skinny jeans and ballet style flats the other day, it's funny how jumping into the 2000's is actually much like warping back to the 80's. Apparently high topped pants are coming back in and deck shoes too. ick. I solemnly swear that I will not be seen in a pair of high-waist jeans. I think I said the same about skinny jeans but I didn't write it down so you can't hold me to it. Mike hates them (my new skinny jeans) but he is being kind and pretending he doesn't totally detest them, he'll get used to them and may actually learn to love them. They hug my bum and my chicken legs too so they'll give him an opportunity to check out his wifes sticks more often. He says that he's staying in the 90's and there's no way I'm dragging him out. I'll post pics of his new deck shoes when he breaks down and buys them. ha! Can you imagine? Mike in deck shoes, that's a funny picture.

Enough procrastinating already, time to clean. Ta ta for now.

No comments: