January 15, 2008

Tantalizing Tuesday

I am sick of eating the same things every week so I'm trying to mix things up a bit. Last week I made a simple chicken recipe out of the Weight Watchers Simply Delicious cookbook. Yum! I didn't have much on hand so I was looking for something tasty using basic ingredients. This recipe delivered:

Rosemary-garlic baked chicken
Makes 6 servings - 5 points per serving if you're counting

Ingredients
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I used regular mustard and he didn't even notice the 'disgusting' taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried, chopped (spray with nonstick spray before chopping and it won't fly around as much)
2 garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (3 1/2 pound) chicken, cut in eighths skin removed - I used boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Lay chicken in baking pan (spray with nonstick spray or line with tin foil)
2. Combine the onion, vinegar, oil, mustard, rosemary, garlic, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Place the chicken in the baking pan. Spoon the onion mixture on top of the chicken. Bake until the chicken is browned and cooked through (do not turn), about 45 minutes

I cooked the chicken breasts for 30 minutes and they were perfect! Moist and yummy.
Enjoy!

No comments: