April 23, 2008

Maybe not the Littlest...

but certainly a Hobo.

My latest creation: The Hobo Bag.

This cute little sac's pattern was a freebie I snagged off of j caroline creative thanks to this post at how about orange... The tutorial provided along with the patter was excellent! I would definitely suggest this for any novice sewers, I had no problem following the pattern. I'm really happy with the finished product. It certainly isn't perfect but it's not terrible for my first attempt at sewing a 'real' purse. I particularly like the little bow on the strap (on the right side of this pic).

The instructions for sewing in the zippered pocket were really excellent, I was going to skip this step but I'm really happy I took the plunge, I'll use this method for future projects.

I fell in love with this Japanese designer fabric, I hope my mom likes it as much as I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Jaime! Looks great and I'm so impressed you tackled the zippered pocket. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Stacy! I'm loving sewing and will likely move into the land of clothing this summer... bags and purses are my focus right now.