December 12, 2008

A Sticky Star

I was poking around WhipUp and ended up at A Foothill Home Companion where the tutorial for this fab stick star can be found. As soon as I spotted this decoration I thought of my friend Cara. Cara is one of the most artistic women I know and she comes by her talents honestly, her mom is an amazing potter who creates stunning pieces. Many, many years ago Cara and I were chatting in the car outside of her parents house (just moments before curfew was up I'm sure) when I glanced out the window and spotted a star just like the one shown above hanging from her parent's tree. It looked so pretty dangling from the branches, there was snow sparkling all around lit by the moonlight. I immediately assumed that Cara's mom had created this little piece of heaven but it wasn't Rose at all, it was Cara's dad Ron who had created the stars and hung them up to surprise his lovely wife. So sweet!

I think I might take my little friend Grace out for a walk tomorrow to gather some sticks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

found your post via google alerts - thanks for the link. what a great story about the stick stars. not long after i made these, i spied a stick star out of my bedroom window - but it wasn't really a star, it was just the arrangement of bare branches from various trees that, from a distance, made a star shape.

Anonymous said...

Nice star!
Did you end up making one?