January 13, 2009

Why I Love Grade One

I've moved from the junior division to the primary at my PDS. I'll be teaching six weeks straight in the grade one class after March break, until then I'm at the school one and a half days a week shadowing two phenomenal teachers (grade 1 & grade 2)

Kids kill me. I'm going to post memorable quotes and questions here, figure I may as well share the laughs and my "uh oh" moments with you.

Things that make you go hmmmm....
If Christ was Jesus' last name are there still people over there named Christ?
Why does your nose run when you go outside in the cold?
Do teachers get dressed when they leave school?
Did Jesus have a son?

So serious but so funny.
That monkey worries me.

Brilliant!
Child who struggles with reading, after flipping very quickly through a book responds to my
request that he read the story to me, "I don't want to read it aloud, I read it in my head so now you read it to me and I'll tell you if you're right."

You've gotta love 'em.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!
That child is clever with the reading question. Were the other questions all from one kid???
So, DO you get dressed?
xxx

Anonymous said...

Funny, isn't it? Crazy kids.
The questions about the nose running and getting dressed were from the same kid. He's fairly new to the country (from New Zealand) so he has lots of questions about the cold weather.

The "getting dressed" question actually boiled down to his dislike of having to put on so many pieces of winter clothing - took me a minute to figure out what he meant though! :) Cute!