April 23, 2010

Too Many Blogs

Ages ago I combined Jabbering Jaime with Gingham Skies because two blogs was too many... now I've got our baby blog, Just a Smidge, on the go and Gingham Skies too and I just don't think it's going to be feasible to keep both going once the wee man arrives. What to do, what to do. I think I'm going to combine the two blogs... I won't delete Just a Smidge but I'll likely stop posting there once the little nut makes an appearance (just 8 weeks to go). I'm going to import all of the posts from there over to here so if you're following both blogs you'll be seeing repeat posts for the next little while. Once the baby arrives I'll focus on posting here at Gingham Skies only and will be sure to label my baby posts accordingly so that if certain someones just want to keep up on my baby ramblings they can click on the OUR BABY link found in the header and TA DA baby only material.

I've found that I've stopped blogging about my personal life here at Gingham Skies because I post pregnancy updates at Just a Smidge and don't want to waste my time typing everything a second time. Of course there has been more than pregnancy going on in my world but it's the most important thing and really the one thing I think about 99.9 percent of the day so it can be tough to come up with other things to talk about. Yes it is true, I have become one of those annoying parents who can talk about little other than their baby and this scares me because I haven't even seen the little squirt yet. How annoying will I be after he arrives?! Parents will likely reply: you can't talk too much about your child! While my non-parent friends are groaning thinking: it's going to get worse? Yep, I am pretty sure it is. Sorry guys!

4 comments:

Kimber said...

It's an exciting time so why wouldn't you want to talk about it non-stop? Being preggers for the first time is fascinating. Blab away!

If you're like me, though, eventually you'll find it refreshing to go out with friends who are either sans kids or have older kids and talk about stuff OTHER than your kid. But of course it's also fun to get together with other Mummies and gab gab gab about your lil' darlings. It's all good.

Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lois said...

Hmmmm.......I don't think moms and dads can beat grandparents when it comes to being annoying about talking too much about children...do you?
Not that I know of anyone who it like that of course....
I just heard that there are Papas um...I mean..grandparents that are like that.
Hee…hee…hee…

tanzi said...

I think you're amazing for keeping up with your blogs the way you do! You are one of the most motivated and self-disciplined people I know. Gawd knows I can barely keep up with semi-annual entries for my ONE blog. You go, sistah! IT will be such a cool "baby book" for Smidge. ;)