May 21, 2010

Shut 'Er Down

The time has come for Gingham Skies' shop doors to close. Boo hoo! Of course this doesn't mean I won't be sewing and it doesn't mean I won't still be making things for family and friends - there's no tax on bartering yet, is there? No doubt there will be in time.

I've bit the bullet and officially closed shop since I'll be starting my mat leave in a month (if not sooner) and the last thing I want to have to worry about while I'm focusing on my little man is bookkeeping and weighing packages.

I haven't been great at keeping my etsy shop stocked anyways so maybe what I'll do in a few months when I feel like sewing regularly again is start building up inventory so that when I open shop again down the road (I should say IF not WHEN) I'll be able to WOW you with my goods. We'll see...

Thanks to everyone who supported me and my shop over the last two years. Hard to believe it has been that long, but it has! Oh and just because the shops doors have closed doesn't mean my blog will stop - you'll be hearing from me as usual.

No comments: