June 13, 2010

Recipes

I'm trying to stock the freezer with quick meals and snacks for when the babe arrives, which should be any day now! I thought I would share a couple recipes that I tried this week. The Rotisserie Chicken from Once a Month Mom is AWESOME and super easy, all you need is a crock pot, some balled up tin foil and whatever spices you like on chicken. The result after 6 hours was a super moist and delicious mini chicken, the remains were used to make a yummy chicken soup which has been divided into freezer containers and tucked away for quick lunches. I bought another chicken and put it in the freezer for an easy to make hot meal during the crazy new parents and baby phase.

I froze muffins this week as well (chocolate chip and banana). After reading great reviews of this Banana Sour Cream Bread recipe I decided to make the mix into both loaves and muffins. The big oops of this recipe was me forgetting the SOUR CREAM that is clearly stated in the name of the recipe. Duh. Blaming it on baby brain (once again). Thankfully the final results still taste good! They're a little dense but still yummy. I'll have to try this recipe again but next time I'll add the main ingredient.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

Smart girl. And remember, if anyone offers to help, ACCEPT IT! "A casserole/salad/box of cereal would be nice," are words that you must train yourself to say! (0:

If you're a lasagne girl, I found making a few ahead of time and freezing them in 4 serving batches made me and hubby very happy during those first few weeks of craziness when Jade came home.