December 4, 2012

That's a Wrap!

I'm long overdue for posting a pic of something I've created!  I'm pretty sure I borrowed this idea from Pinterest but for the life of me I cannot locate the Pin so I'll say I was inspired by another Pinner and will happily link to it if/when I stumble across it.  This is an easy peasy and inexpensive way to decorate for Christmas and could be used inside or out. I was planning to decorate my classroom door this way but then decided I should back off and let my LTO teacher do her thing now that I'm officially on mat leave!  


Red ribbon, a big ass silver glittery bow, scissors, tape and 10 minutes is all it took to wrap up our front door.  I originally bought the supplies at Walmart for $16.  Thankfully I did not get around to pulling things together immediately because a few days later I was at the dollar store and found the exact same bow and very similar ribbon for a quarter of the price.  Woot woot!

I'm looking for an additional something to add to the front porch but haven't decided just what that something should be...  my neighbour has wrapped up a massive box to look like a huge gift  which is super cute. I love the idea but think I should wait at least a year before I copy cat her (yes I'll ask before I steal).  

Any great ideas to share with me?  What have you done to decorate the front of your home this year?!

2 comments:

Kimber said...

Now that is pretty cute. And inexpensive! Good job! I cut down a bunch of pine boughs yesterday, along with some "dead stuff" (aka ornamental grasses) and stuck a turquoise bow on it to create a makeshift "swag" or whatever you call those things that aren't really wreaths. And then I stuck a fake bluejay on it because I found it in a bargain bin for 99 cents. I'll send you a photo if you promise to giggle quietly.

Gingham Skies said...

Oooh please do send a photo: I like to check out other people's creations! It sounds lovely and I won't giggle... very loud.